Trudys is Open! Limited hours, subject to change.
Trudys Brides, Trudys Special Occasion, Mothers and Bridesmaids are now by appointment. Current hours are Monday - Thursday 12-8, Friday 12-5, Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 10:30-5. We are following all guidelines and taking safety precautions to keep our customers and employees safe. Call to schedule an appointment or send us your request online. Please call us directly for same day appointments.
We look forward to continuing our 45 years of serving our valued customers. Thank you for your continued support of our local family business. - Trudys
- During the peak bridal season for wedding dress appointments ( January thru April ) our weekend appointments are usually booked 2 weeks in advance. However, if you require an immediate appointment, please consider mid-week times which may be more available.
- Please understand that completing this form is simply a request for an appointment and does NOT represent confirmation. Once your request is received, we will check our availability and will call you back within 48 hours to confirm. All appointments need to be verbally confirmed. You must be "confirmed" to have a valid bridal appointment at Trudys Brides and Special Occasion.
- All appointments for Special Occasion, Bridesmaids, Mothers and Prom on the second level are complementary.
- If after 3 business days you have not been notified, please call the store directly to confirm availability.
- If you prefer to make an appointment immediately, please call 1800TRUDYS1.
- Cancellation Policy: Once your exclusive appointment has been verbally scheduled and confirmed by phone, please give us a minimum 48 hours notice before your appointment to cancel or reschedule.
Appointments for our special occasion department are typically for 1 hour.
No, it's never too late! Your options include buying one of our amazing off-the-floor designer gowns and sample sale dresses. You can also work with a consultant to determine which designer can meet your timeframe for a special rush-cut order. Additional rush charges will apply.
Bring pictures of dresses/ideas you have seen on our website, designer's website, or online on The Knot, Instagram, Pinterest or pictures of dresses you have tried on elsewhere. It is very important to bring an Open Mind! Don't be surprised if you find "The Dress" on your first visit. Feel free to bring your own bra, undergarments and shoes to try on with the gowns. Our expert consultants are here to bring your vision to life.
Bring your closest friend, family member or bridal party, those whose opinions you value the most. Bringing too many people can easily take the focus off of you. We recommend keeping your party to a maximum of 3-4, not including you.
We pride ourselves in carrying a large inventory of a variety of sample sizes from many designers. Our gown sizes range from size 4-26.
It is best to allow 3-4 months before your event to order a gown and have it altered. Designer made to order gowns typically take 3-4 months to be made and arrive, if not already available in stock. Alterations can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks depending on the seamstress* you decide to use. *Please refer to our recommended seamstress list.
Yes. We do allow you to take pictures of yourself in the dress during your appointment.
Most designer gowns are special-ordered and not ready-to-wear, depending on size and color desired. To determine your size, we compare your body measurements and the manufacturer's size chart. Most gowns will require alterations by a professional seamstress to achieve a perfect fit (alterations are not included).
Trudys has a large selection of dresses for all occasions including Mothers, guests of the wedding, informal bridal gowns, Bridesmaids, pageants and prom. Our Bridal department has a large variety of wedding gowns from over 15 designers.
Your gown typically takes 3-4 months to arrive, sometimes sooner depending on the designers availability. Rush-cuts are also available for closer event dates (rush fees apply). Additional standard shipping and handling may apply to have the gown shipped to our store. Gowns are to be picked up within 30 days of notification. An alteration appointment is then made directly with a seamstress for further fittings.
A rush-cut order is when a manufacturer needs to accelerate the special order process to be able to receive your gown before your event date. Rush-cut fees may vary depending on the manufacturer.
We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa, as well as cash. We require full payment when purchasing a gown. All sales are final. We do not accept returns or exchanges. If buying a sample gown off-the-floor, layaway options may be available.
Our regular priced special occasion gowns start at $200 and can range up to $900, depending on the designer. A selection of off-the-rack floor samples are always available at a discount. We also carry a limited collection of informal bridal gowns for $500 and up.
Not a problem. We can ship a gown anywhere within the United States. Shipping fees apply and may vary on the ship-to location. We do require that we receive the special ordered gown directly to the store first for inspection before shipping out. Please note, extra charges apply to ship to Hawaii and Puerto Rico.