April 26 - May 31
TRUDYS PROM & THE PRUNEYARD
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TIKTOK, TWITTER, YOUTUBE OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM WHERE IT IS ADVERTISED. VOID OUTSIDE THE U.S. AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States who currently reside in the Bay Area, and who are currently high school juniors and seniors. Trudys Brides and Special Occasions employees, former employees and family members are not eligible. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must create and publish photos and videos of themselves in their prom dress and publish them to their Instagram account as either an Instagram Feed post and/or Instagram Story. For Instagram Stories, it MUST be added to one of the Entrant's Highlights (existing Highlight or a newly created Highlight). All eligible entries/posts must remain up until June 30, 2020. Entrants must follow and tag @trudysprom and @thepruneyard AND use the hashtag #PromTogether2020. TikTok videos of Entrants in their prom dress are acceptable provided Entrants post the video(s) to their Instagram account and follow all requirements listed in the Official Rules. ENTRANT’S INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT MUST BE PUBLIC FROM THE START OF THE SWEEPSTAKES UNTIL JUNE 30, 2020.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. Entrants must post their photos and/or videos on Instagram between Sunday, April 26, 2020 through Sunday, May 31, 2020.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. On or around June 1, 2020, the Sponsors will randomly select five (5) winners and will announce the winners on @TrudysProm’s Instagram account on or around June 1, 2020. Winners will also be notified directly through direct message (DM) on Instagram. To claim the prizes, winners must reply to the DM within the seven (7) days from when it was sent. If a winner does not claim their prize within seven days, Sponsors will select an alternate winner and the alternate winner will have seven (7) days to claim the prize or the prize will be forfeited.
6. PRIZES. Five (5) winners will EACH receive ONE (1) $200 VISA or American Express gift card from Trudys Brides and Special Occasions; ONE (1) $50.00 gift card/certificate to Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant; ONE (1) $50.00 gift card/certificate to Kyoto Palace Sushi and Teppanyaki; ONE (1) $50.00 gift card/certificate to Salon Raché* for products and/or services(with select stylists); ONE (1) $25.00 gift card/certificate to LUNA Mexican Kitchen; ONE (1) $25.00 gift card/certificate for food and beverage at Pruneyard Cinemas and Cedar Room; ONE (1) $20.00 gift card/certificate to Burger Lounge; ONE (1) $20 gift card/certificate to Blossom Nail Spa; ONE (1) $20 gift card/certificate to Classy Nails; and ONE (1) Asian Box “Box Lunch” gift card/certificate with two (2) complimentary cookies and two (2) drinks (choice of ice teas, ice coffee, or lemonade) from Asian Box Restaurant (a $15.00 value). The total prize value for each winner is $475.00. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local income taxes and other taxes or fees associated with the prize. Sponsors will comply with all tax reporting requirements. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsors, in their sole discretion, determines otherwise.
*Salon Raché’s gift certificate expires on September 1, 2020.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. For every Instagram post that an Entrant posts, it will count as ONE (1) entry. Entrants that post more than one post that meet all entry requirements listed in the Official Rules, it will increase the Entrant’s chance of winning.
8. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsors and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to download, copy, store, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant's Submission, including, but not limited to, the recording and the performances contained therein (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsors in their sole discretion), as well as to use Entrant's name, likeness, photograph, video (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Sweepstakes (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsors' use of the submission and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Submission or Entrant's Likeness or statements. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsors, its agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnities"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, or the Entrant's conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsors from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsors infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any submission.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Further, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any Sponsors or Instagram; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the Instagram Terms of Service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsors reserve the right to require a winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Sweepstakes Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsors or Sweepstakes Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsors or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions.
11. DISPUTES. Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.